Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Elimination Diet: Day 13 and a Bump in the Road

Well, mom and I both had a reaction to tomatoes. Immediately after lunch we each began to have a gut reaction. My stomach was distended and I had tremendous pain in my abdomen. I’ve known for some time that white potatoes caused this reaction, so it shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. To combat the yucky feeling, we went for a walk and stopped eating tomatoes! By late in the evening the symptoms were much less.

Breakfast was a repeat of the previous night’s dinner. For lunch, we had a big salad with a side of cinnamon sweet potatoes.


It was after this meal that we began to have negative consequences. We were really not wanting to eat anymore tomatoes too, so I think our bodies were trying to tell us that nightshades just don’t agree with us. I’ve read before that you should only eat them on rare occasions in small quantities too, so this just confirmed it.

For dinner we had wonderful comfort food…sautéed collard greens with toasted pine nuts and cinnamon butternut squash. It was warm and soothing!



Lesson for the day: nightshades are not agreeable…once the symptoms are completely gone we will proceed with tree nuts, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment