Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Eat Your Veggies!

I love to eat my veggies and quiche is a great way to get lots of them! I started this one with a homemade almond flour crust. Chopped green onions give it a little something extra.



Then I sauteed a veggie mixture of whatever was in the fridge. This included broccoli, carrots, red onion, mushrooms and a package of frozen chopped spinach.


I don't do cheese, so I whisked together a few eggs and poured the veggie and egg mixture into the crust to be baked. The result was this delicious, nutritious, savory quiche.


We like to serve our quiche with a side of mixed fresh berries, an orange, or a green salad. I think we were all too delighted to taste it that no picture was made of the quiche once it made it to our plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment