Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Things I Love

February is a lovely month….everywhere you look you see pink and red, hearts, chocolate, flowers…there is just an air of loveliness all around. Whether you are anticipating a special gift, date or like this Florida girl, anticipating spring just around the corner… February is a time for hope, joy and love. It is a time for cold, gray, winter days to fade away and warmer, sunnier days to be on the horizon. It is a time to focus on our blessings and the things we truly love…I love the smell of brownies in the oven. I love the sound of my nephew’s sweet little voice when he asks me to read a book with him. I love the way my niece lights up and her whole face shines when she sees any member of our family. I love singing in my car because there I can belt out a tune as though I were a Grammy-nominated pop star with no inhibitions about how terrible I may sound or who might hear me. I love the feeling of accomplishment I have after a nice long run. I love running errands on a sunny day. I love finding a cute pair of shoes that fit just right. I love when I see the hand of God at work in my life and in the lives of others. I love the taste of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, crisp on the outside…warm and gooey on the inside. I love long talks with my mom. I love sitting on the sofa with my sweet little Chloe Maltese after a long hard day. I love Saturdays for sleeping in and Sunday mornings for rising early to worship the Lord with my church family. I love fine dining in an unpretentious atmosphere. I love exploring new places. I love a sense of peace in knowing you are right where you are supposed to be. I love not knowing what tomorrow holds, but knowing who holds tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment