Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Praising God Who Redeems and Restores

"Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings." Isaiah 58:12

I am currently in a time of awaiting God’s restoration physically, spiritually, emotionally. Walls have been broken down, and I believe He will restore the ancient ruins during this period of waiting. As I draw closer to Him, He is leading me into His Truth about what is important…how I spend the time and talents He gives. All good things come from above and I know that even in this “holding pattern” He is actively working out things for my good and His glory. His majesty will be revealed and after the “wait” has been lifted and the streets of my life have been restored, there will be a bountiful harvest that glorifies His name.

God is crowning the year with His presence, power, and purposes so that I may complete the tasks concerning ancient ruins, waste places, age-old foundations of many generations, and broken down walls and gates. He is blessing me with the sword (His word) and the tools (knowledge, wisdom, discernment) to reconstruct, fight the good fight and rebuild. There is a time for everything under the sun and I believe He is releasing healing for rebuilding. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

As I dwell in His presence today, I pray that His treasures will replace the desolate, devastated, barren places with fortresses of righteousness for many generations to come. That His purposes and plans will prevail in and through my life. That I will continue the path to becoming who He wants me to be with confidence and assurance that His power is at work to restore, rebuild and renew. I am calling forth His blessings of well-being and hope.

I will never be the same again,
I can never return, I've closed the door.
I will walk apart, I'll run the race
And I will never be the same again.

Fall like fire, soak like rain,
Flow like mighty waters, again and again.
Sweep away the darkness, burn away the chaff,
And let a flame burn to glorify Your name.

There are higher heights, there are deeper seas,
Whatever you need to do, Lord do in me.
The Glory of God fills my life,
And I will never be the same again.

-Hillsong, I Will Never Be the Same Again

No comments:

Post a Comment