Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Elimination Diet: Day 1, Phase 1

Ok, so I’m attempting to make a blog post the day after a whirlwind 2-day trip to Atlanta, followed by the first day of the Elimination Diet as designed by the Whole Life Nutrition website. The shopping and dining in Atlanta was fabulous…I especially enjoyed R. Thomas Deluxe Grill which had so many yummy sounding and nutritious menu options I could hardly decide what to order. So, while I found some healthy foods to eat, restaurant dining for every meal is vastly different than cooking at home. Restaurant food is always filled with much more sodium. Getting home from the trip seemed like the perfect time to begin the cleansing process of the Elimination Diet. Plus it will finish up just before the busy holiday season begins. The purpose is to cleanse and heal the body while identifying food sensitivities. I’m supposed to track and journal each day to help identify how different foods affect me, so to help me stay disciplined in doing so, I’m committing to blogging the process.

Days 1 and 2 consist of a green smoothie fast. I drink fresh green smoothies made with different combinations of apples, pears, collards, kale, spinach, cabbage, parsley, mint and ginger. It doesn’t sound very appetizing, but is surprisingly very delicious. I can also drink purified water.


At the end of day 1, I’m already plotting my meals for day 3 when I can actually chew my food again! As a foodie, this is kind of difficult, but I can tell the cleansing process is working. My energy level is so/so, but that could be from a lack of adequate sleep for the last several nights. I feel good otherwise. I’m looking forward to more smoothies tomorrow and the reintroduction of hypoallergenic foods on Friday. Thankfully, my mom is doing this with me. It is good to support one another as we go through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment