Friday, April 8, 2011

Pizza!



I love making pizza at home! The crust is made from almond flour and is super quick and easy to make. It is more of a crisp crust, not doughy, but oh so good! My dad is usually the most skeptical of healthier fare, but he really enjoys this too!

I use tomato sauce or tomato paste. The sauce is a little thinner and spreads really well, but the paste is thicker and more concentrated. To enhance the sauce, I add spices like thyme, cilantro, basil and oregano. Then top with sauteed veggies, usually red onion, garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms...sometimes spinach or even kale. I go cheeseless, but the great thing about making individual sizes at home is that each one can be adjuusted to specific taste preferences.

I plan on making a dessert pizza soon with chocolate ganache, strawberries and bananas, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment