Friday, April 9, 2010

The Dawn is Near

I’ve been in a funky place emotionally for far too long. I belong to Christ after all; I should be filled to overflowing with joy every day of my life. Right? Or maybe not, maybe it is ok to feel sad. Maybe my 3-year old nephew is right when he says, “I just want to be sad”. Maybe we just want to be sad sometimes; maybe we need to feel sad sometimes. Jesus even felt sadness. However, He was so connected to the Father that He didn’t linger in His sadness. He trusted God, He trusted the Words spoken before Him. We can’t linger there either. We have to trust God, and we have to believe His Word spoken over us.

The Lord has changed my focus this week. I’ve seen the beauty of His creation in the deep navy sky on a clear night with hundreds or thousands (Who knows how many) tiny stars sparkling in the sky like diamonds. Clear blue daytime skies, warm sunshine and the promise of new life in the bright fushia blooms of the flowers across the street from my office. I’ve received good news and encouragement towards opportunities to fulfill my God-given purpose and to use the talents, skills and joys He has placed in me to bless others. I’ve seen the power of prayers to bring physical healing, lift the spirits of the broken-hearted and restore places long devastated.

God is at work, He is directing divine purpose, and He is active. I can see the light shining through the trees, the dawn is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment